Sunday 3 February 2019

For You Lot Leo Kottke - 1973 [1996] My Feet Are Grin

My Feet Are Smiling is American guitarist Leo Kottke's 6th album, in addition to his 2nd album recorded live. It reached No. 108 on the Billboard Pop Albums charts.

The songs were recorded Dec nineteen in addition to 20, 1972 at the Tyrone Guthrie Theater inwards Minneapolis, Minnesota, the bulk of the album's content existence from the 2nd night. "Blue Dot" was written iii days earlier the concert.
The album was re-issued on CD inwards 1994 past times BGO in addition to inwards 1996 past times One Way Records.

The prodigious technique, deadpan feel of humor, in addition to infamous singing are all evident less than a infinitesimal into the opening tune. Performing solo in addition to playing to a greater extent than slide guitar than usual, Kottke wows a supportive hometown audience inwards Minneapolis amongst around of the finest playing of his career. That's maxim a lot. Sensational ane minute in addition to sentimental the next, he presents a varied, well-paced fix that's worth adding to your collection if you lot tin honour it. The well-traveled "Louise" is alone ane highlight, although it's Leo's playing that volition drib your jaw, non his singing.

Not since the expiry of THE greatest guitarist of all time, Chet Atkins, has in that place remained the alone really unique guitar virtuoso, in addition to that's Leo Kottke. Too bad this came out WAYYYYY dorsum inwards 1972, in addition to it, along amongst his "Armadillo" CD [Six in addition to Twelve String Guitars], are nonetheless my favorite's of his. I saw him live, inwards Dallas, dorsum inwards the mid-'80's in addition to he was EXTRAORDINARY, in addition to he played several favorites from this CD. Listen, in addition to come across if you lot don't concur he's the best acoustic guitarist you've heard!

This was ane of the begin LP vinyl records I bought equally a teenager in addition to amongst the changing good technologies in addition to my numerous moves across the province over the past times xxx years I lost the album. So, I wasn't certain if I would nonetheless similar it. I was right. I didn't similar it. I loved it! This is really a classic album! There is no amend 12 string guitarist than Leo. The songs are amend than I retrieve in addition to his deep vocalism draws you lot inwards to the classic ballads he sings.

I ran across Leo Kottke past times accident. I bought a re-create of his album Peligroso. It was great. I started buying his albums in addition to they all were great. This ane is ane of the best in addition to every vocal is terrific. Leo is ane of the premier guitar players inwards America. He sings inwards around of his albums in addition to others are instrumentals. He is keen either way. I bring 5 of his albums similar a shot in addition to if whatever ane of the v is amend than the others it is this one. But, the worst ane is great!

He has other album, all real skillful in addition to around amongst no vocals. But, I gotta tell Leo that I dearest your vocals on this one!

He does non disappoint! Truly an album for your collection!

Track Listings

  1. Intro
  2. Hear The Wind Howl
  3. Busted Bicycle
  4. Easter
  5. Louise
  6. Blue Dot
  7. Stealing
  8. Living In The Country
  9. June Bug
  10. Standing In My Shoes
  11. The Fisherman
  12. Bean Time
  13. Eggtooth
  14. Medley: Crow River Waltz/Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring/Jack Fig

Personnel:

Leo Kottke - Guitar, Vocal.


EmoticonEmoticon